Vinoth Kannan

Coronavirus / COVID-19 🦠

Covid-19 positive cases in the US is around 41,000 which could double by the next month and surpass China’s tally of 81,093 cases.

Experts said that the US will surpass China too :scream:

Totally 81K people affected in China in the last 3 months. But nearly 1 Lakh people in the world and 20K people in the US are affected in the last 2 days. At least it will take a couple of months to control corona worldwide.

The first death in my city :fearful:

Both have happened today :frowning_face:

Most affected countries by their affected rate per 1 million people. Looks like Europe is in more trouble comparing to other continents.

Rank Country Affected Per million
8 Switzerland 12,311 1,422
9 Spain 64,059 1,370
10 Italy 80,589 1,333
17 Germany 47,373 565
20 France 29,155 447
23 Iran 32,332 385
36 USA 85,906 260
39 UK 14,579 215

FTR, now India’s affected rate per million is 0.6 and for China, it is 57.

Source: Coronavirus Update (Live): 12,773,425 Cases and 565,570 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Edit:

India has more than 3.5 times of cases in a week. Also, a week ago the US surpassed China. Now they are 3 times bigger than them.

U.S. > China x 3
U.S. > Italy x 2

Google’s Community Mobility Report for India

March 29, 2020

Google created a few reports to show how effectively the lockdown is working in India. Based on their location data.

image image

2020-03-29_IN_Mobility_Report_en.pdf (44.4 KB)

What?! :scream:

And 14 new cases in Madurai :frowning:

Madurai’s Thabal Thanthi Nagar sealed after identified as containment zone.

Today 56 confirmed cases and 103 recovered cases in Tamil Nadu :green_heart:

Coronavirus Tamil Nadu

Covid-19 Tamil Nadu 2020-04-17

https://www.covid19india.org/state/TN

Because they didn’t close the district borders completely. Recently one of my friends went for a round trip to Dindigul for an emergency situation. The worst thing is no one questioned him on the journey :angry:

In Tamil Nadu, the count of the recovered cases (960) are bigger than the active cases (838) now. Anyway, the big cities are still in danger. Hope the situation will come to a stable state soon.

Tamil Nadu Covid-19 cases

Why the hell they’re not closing the district borders? :sob:

If it continues, then the green zone will become orange soon :angry:

Already the active cases graph is going up :man_facepalming:. Number of active cases are tripled in last 10 days.

Like India, Singapore also easing the lockdown when the spread is not over yet. Maybe the governments realized that they have to live with that else the country will run out of money. Not sure about whether its good or not.

Its risky business only. But, no other ways to shot it down… Will see…

1 Like

The current lockdown is a gimmick and we can’t blame anyone for that. But this :man_facepalming:

A private college lecturer and Tiruvaminyur resident packed his bags and left for Madurai with his family after a colleague at college tested positive. As attempts to get e-passes failed twice, they simply set out in their car in the wee hours. They reached their home in Madurai without anyone stopping them.

“It is impossible to stop every vehicle leaving the city and check passes,” said a cop manning an exit point. During peak hours 350 to 750 vehicles pass through Vandalur every minute, and most of them are non-commercial vehicles, a police officer said.

A couple running a stationery store in Adyar got an offer from a private bus operator. “He has quoted Rs 1,600 per head up to Madurai, and we do not have to worry about e-passes. If the situation gets any worse, we may leave,” they told TOI.

I believe closing the borders of states and cities is more important than the lockdown. At least they can close Chennai borders.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/76350585.cms

After a month, it looks like not affected a much. Not a disaster at least.

They lost the control… People already spreaded from chennai…We have to learn living with corona…No other option…

I agree and I know we don’t have any other choices except living with corona. My big concern is spreading speed. Now the only positive thing which we have is “low spreading speed” (because of the climate, immunity, or whatever). If it increased rapidly then our healthcare system can’t handle it.

If we look for government to control, its gone. The discipline we maintained in the lockdown showing its results now. Hereafter, its home practice only help us. Every individual has to take responsibility and follow our traditional medicines (patti vaithiyam). Otherwise we will loose our elder generation in this 2020.

1 Like

I hope they do.